If there was a list of the top 20 most stressful ordeals adults go through, moving into a new home would probably be near the top. More often than not a move includes more than just taking items from one home and moving them into another; families are relocated, jobs are changed and new lives are started.
With all of these factors in play, the last thing people think about is whether or not they are impacting the environment in a negative way during the moving process.
To help out, Stand Up Guys Junk Removal has listed a few tips to help your next move be as green as possible.
- Try to use re-usable or recycled materials to pack with: Ask the moving company that you are using to use recycled packing material when packing up your belongings. The best time to do this is during your initial conversation with the company. If you aren’t relying on a moving company, finding a third party to provide you with these materials is easy with a quick Google search.
- Creativity: If you are packing your belongings yourself use old towels, t-shirts or pants for use as padding. By doing this you can avoid using Styrofoam and other such substances. This will also save you some cash in the long run!
- Carbon Footprint: When you’re checking out moving companies, ask them how fuel efficient their trucks are. If you need to transport your belongings over a long distance, you may want to research methods other than large trucks, such as trains or boats.
- Get rid of junk: Enter the Stand Up Guys. By getting rid of unwanted junk, you’re not only lightening the load that you have to move, you’re helping out the environment by using a smaller truck that requires less fuel to burn. Stand Up Guys Junk Removal will come to your home and haul away all of that unwanted junk laying around your house, and will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly fashion. If we can’t dispose of it properly, we’ll donate it to charity! We offer a wide array of junk removal services, so don’t hesitate to visit our website and book an appointment for an estimate.
- Home Audit: Before you move into your new home, conduct an energy audit before you move all of your new stuff in. Check air leaks by windows and doors, replace existing light bulbs with energy efficient LED lights, etc.
We hope that you find this article helpful, and wish you the best of luck with your next move!